Monday, February 11, 2013

Change Door From and Door To

These settings for doors are determined initially by which side of a wall the door swings into. A door swinging into a room inherits that room as its "to" value. Later if someone flips the door to swing out of the room the parameter does not change. This is intentional and I've written about this before.

Harry started Boost Your BIM a few months ago and he's really dedicated himself to it, bravo! Back then he asked me for some ideas and naturally my mind went blank I could only muster a couple ideas. The beauty of blogging is that the more readers you have the more ideas you'll get. He's been keeping busy with many interesting examples.

The other day I was chatting with a Revit user who was expressing frustration with the From/To issue and I thought that a simple "click this click that" experience might at least improve the situation for him. I wrote to Harry and a day or so later we've got this to consider. Cool!



2 comments:

back2b said...

Steve,
have a look at Rahul Shah's blog for a plugin that fixes the issue globaly for a project:

http://revitstickynotes.blogspot.com.au/2011/12/door-from-and-to-value-in-schedule-free.html

Steve said...

Yes I am aware of Raul's tool, but I was focusing on interaction in a given view, tactile approach. Onesy Twosy