Thursday, April 28, 2011

Dept. of Bugs - Intous 4 Pen Tablet and 2012

I've been experiencing a quirky issue with the Type Selector in Revit 2011 and 2012 since I started using the Wacom Intous 4. If I use the pen the Type Selector will not expand to show me the list. If I use the mouse they provide it works fine. Read a post at RevitForum this morning that also mentions this.


It also mentions a bug I observed regarding the materials dialog in 2012. If I open the materials dialog and then click on the Appearance tab, followed by clicking on any part of the dialog, as if I were going to change a setting...Revit will crash when I click OK to close the dialog. I'm taking the hint to just leave materials alone! Hopefully with some reports to Autodesk it will get sorted out between Wacom's driver and their material .dlls.

5 comments:

Travis said...

Had the same issue. Contacted someone at Wacom they said it was not their driver and I did not do all the steps in a blog I had found. Got tired of arguing with the lady so I stopped applying materials

reh said...

this happens with a Cintiq display as well

Scott said...

This happens to me in 2011 on different computers, without using the wacom, although the wacom drivers are installed (is that the common link?) The work around I found on augi is to click the drop down under the appearance and change the quality. That prevents the crash for that session, but you have to do it again the next time you open revit.

Anonymous said...

Has anyone found a fix for the Type Selector bug? I can't click on it with my Wacom Bamboo tablet, but the mouse works just fine.

Barrie Sharp said...

If anyone is still trying to resolve this, Go to Wacom Preferences> Mapping. Untick 'Use Windows Ink'. This supports ripples, press and hold and flicks which IMO are a nuisance. That worked for me.