Wednesday, April 30, 2008

AU 2008 Sessions

The selection of the next Revit classes to attend at Autodesk University 2008 is well under way. A recent post by David Baldacchino (Do U Revit?) pointed this out already and you can visit the BLAUG blog too. If you haven't voted already you can take a look at the list and see. Once you've voted you can't get back in to look over the list, or at least I couldn't.

I received an email asking why my name was not among the submissions. Simple, I didn't submit anything this year.

Last year I felt that I was unable to participate as much as I would have liked to, in my role as a board member with Autodesk User Group International (AUGI). This year I'm not going to have that conflict. Plus I hope to actually attend more classes this year!

Besides, there are so many more very capable users now, compared with a few years ago, that I doubt my absence will be noticeable. There are a great many classes to choose from and I wish the AU planning team all the best trying to pick from them. Hopefully the polling will help too!!

See you at AU 2008!

6 comments:

Gregory Arkin said...

I sent in a proposal under the Business Track. It's called "To Blog or Not to Blog- Sharing your Revit knowledge with the world"

I actually included your name as a potential panelist.

1. I hope you don't mind.
2. I hope my proposal gets approved.
3. I hope you will participate.

So, even though you didn't apply for a session, you can never escape Revit Karma.

Thanks.
Gregory

Steven Campbell said...

Please...
I doubt my absence will be noticeable...

Now you will be the correcting the teacher...
Steve

Steve said...

Never...I wouldn't be that rude! Unless to a co-presenter *-)

Gregory Arkin said...

Well, since you've been blogging since 2004, it'd be great for you to be one of the panelists and co-presenters.

Steve said...

Sorry, I wasn't responding to your comment Greg. It was a response to Steven's comment, my "wise-guy" co-presenter from last AU.

If your session is approved I'll be glad to attend if my schedule permits.

Steven Campbell said...

Sorry boss, I will be good this year. I was thinking of hanging out in David B. class to keep him on the straight and narrow...